Security Audit Example
The goal of security is to make your property a less appealing target.
Things to look at
Road Facing Yard
- Determine if Trees and Shrubs are obstructing Line of Sight to and from Road?
- Determine if Trees and Shrubs are providing Hiding Spots to and from Road?
- Are Flood Lights Present and Working?
Entry Door and Door Frame Area
- Deadbolt Hole determine if 1 inch deep. One way to check if the area that the arrows are pointing at in above picture does not touch the strike when full inserted in hole then hole is not 1 inch deep
- Is Screen Door Present? (This Suggestion is from Peel Regional Police)
- Is the Door Rubbing or hard to move
- Screw length the longer the better,Recommended length is (3 to 4 inches)
- Is there a Peephole or Window close to Door