Frequently asked questions
I will ask questions to gain as much information as I need about the service that is required, Pictures also help to diagnosis the problem
Example Questions I may ask before coming to/working on job
- Your Name
- Address where you are
- What type of work is to be performed
- If Location is Business or Residential
- Name of Lock Manufacturer (Usually above key hole if it is on the lock examples(Yale, Schlage, Kwikset) Lock identification information
- Model of Lock
- Any markings around keyhole example:(Plus/Cross above keyhole, Hole to left of keyhole, Code) Lock identification information
- Numbers and Letters on Key
- Type of Lock examples:(Padlock used on Sheds,Door Lock found on Exterior Doors,Cabinet/Drawer Lock found on Office Furniture)
How do you gain entry in residential lockout?
Answer: Least Destructive Method Possible, Mostly techniques classified as Non Destructive Entry Techniques, Because rarely is a drill required to gain entry
Do you ask questions before you give price?
Answer: Yes I can give you a ballpark answer once I understand the service that is required, But the quote would be after I get information like, Have any modifications been made to the lock, Who made the lock, Model of lock (example: Maker: Kwikset Model information: Smart Code 909
Do you ask to see ID?
Answer: Yes For residential I will ask to see your ID to prove you live at the address
For commercial I will ask to see authorization from owner/operator or manager and also to see your ID
I will also identify myself with company ID which contains my company name, my name,a picture of me